Friday, August 5, 2011

A long overdue visit

It's been 7 years since I last went to our home province in Sulat, Eastern Samar and its good to be back again. Last weekend of July I brought my family there to attend the annual town fiesta and here is what I've seen:



The welcome sign atop of San Juanico Bridge, the one that connects Leyte and Samar provinces.



Our old house how nostalgic



Traffic? Well this is new



Now I know the cause of the traffic ^_^



Parishioners looking to a patron saint upon entering the church on the day of the fiesta.



Curacha, is a native dance of the Waray in which the dancers are being showered by money. The money collected in this dance will be part of the town's fund for their projects.

Just to witness again all this stuff that I've grown up with is quite an enjoyable experience. Its nice to catch up again with relatives and eat native delicacies such as chocolate muron and pili nuts. I hope we spent more time but that's ok it only means that there will be a next time.




Sunset in Kalanyugan Beach.

No comments: