Friday, September 30, 2011

day 336: sa wakas...



For me the main responsibility of a documentary photographer is to share to the public the story of your subject. Tomorrow and this Sunday, I'll be having a photo exhibit on Realities- a photo story on the social understanding of the pop subculture known as cosplay.

This is my thesis during my diploma course in photojournalism in ACFJ (2010-2011), but its more than just that. For me this is a story of different people who find themselves an interesting culture in which they can share their creativity and individuality to the others.

Thanks to Project 8, Guy Singson, Zoila and Lira of UPAME and Gaz and Annie from UST and cosplay.ph .Its a privilege to document your wonderful stories guys and I hope I'm able to bring justice to it.

This story is dedicated to you and all the cosplayers in the Philippines. Keep the culture alive and let it grow for the future generation.

Many thanks to Lea Guerrero, Arthur Diono, Alex Baluyot, Gigie Cruz-Sy, Cristina Derillo, Jenny Tuazon and for all those who support my one year project :) (hehe I sound like Lolit Solis)

Kudos to all of you!!

No comments: