Thursday, August 12, 2010

Vision

One of my assignment in class is to make a photo story about myself and my vision in life. Hmm vision...I can see myself eating gelato ice cream while traveling in Tokyo to see the sakura (cherry blossom) festival hahaha.

But seriously this assignment makes me ponder what is my vision in life. Currently, I'm working as a media practitioner in an environmental NGO. My work leads me to photojournalism.

I've been shooting for two years now and it exposes me to different pressing issues in our society and helps me to be more concern on current events.

From environmental problems:



Waste problem in our dump sites (c)AC Dimatatac



Extreme drought brought by climate change last summer in the province of Isabela (c)AC Dimatatac

To



The unsafe life of charcoal makers in Tondo Manila (c) AC Dimatatac



Media protest on the controversial Ampatuan massacre late last year (c) AC Dimatatac



Devotional Catholic faith of the Filipinos during the Feast of the Black Nazarene (c)AC Dimatatac



Inaguration of President Noynoy Aquino (c)AC Dimatatac


My experiences in shooting these events taught me how powerful photos can be. It can change and influence people's behaviour towards these issues and their society. This is my vision to become a part of that change that's why I'm aiming for my photos to be compelling enough to move the public and make a difference.


No comments: